Performance Benefits for the Log Home Industry
Because glass provides an acceptable texture on wood, contractors report substantial labor savings
using glass media
as opposed to the need to use hand sanders after blasting with organic media like corn cob or walnut shells
Shipped in 50# bags, up to 40 bags per pallet.
|Blasting With Recycled Glass Media
- The use of post-consumer glass benefits the environment by reducing landfill waste.
- The manufacturing process cleans and grinds the recycled glass into a usable industrial grade, expendable abrasive which can replace more hazardous slag/mineral abrasives.
- The product is sized and screened into multiple specifications needed for various Abrasive Blasting needs. Can be used for dry or wet blasting applications.
- Bottle or Tri-Mix Glass is chemically known as "Amorphous Silica". It contains virtually no crystalline-silica which is commonly found in blasting sand.
- Sharp-edged particals allow for removal of tough coatings, paint, and rust. Will not harm soft substrates, leaving a finer felting than other blasting media.
- Unlike some other organic media, the product will not mold when it gets wet. This is critical on outside jobs where total containment can be a challenge.
- Product can be used with virtually all standard blasting pots and equipment.
- No toxic metals such as arsenic, beryllium, nickel, lead and etc.- all commonly found in coal, copper, and nickel slags, and some mineral abrasives.
|Before blasting with glass media.
|After blasting with glass media.
This product is currently a non-stock item and will ship directly from the warehouse, allow additional time for shipping.
- Glass is chemically non-toxic and inert. No mold if it gets wet.
- No Crystalline Silica- will not cause Silicosis
- Approved by the California Air Resources Board (CARB)
- Glass is listed on the EPA's Comprehensive Procurement Guidelines for blasting grit!
A $60 liftgate fee will apply to truckline deliveries exceeding 3 bags without a dock or forklift for unloading.
Small orders 1-3 bags may ship via Fedex or UPS.